Room 214, 20 Exhibition Walk
Clayton VIC 3800 Australia
I am a lecturer (a.k.a. Assistant Professor) at the Department of Software Systems and Cybersecurity of the Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University.
I obtained my Bachelor of Software Engineering degree from Fudan University in 2014, and I did my Ph.D. at Nanyang Technological University from 2015 to 2020, under the supervision of Prof. Yang Liu. Prior to joining Monash, I worked as a postdoc research fellow at Nanyang Technological University, under the supervision of Prof. Yi Li.
My research is mainly focused on the security and quality assurance of both traditional software and intelligent software with learning-based components, which covers but is not limited to software testing, program analysis, vulnerability detection, and runtime verification. Currently, I am quite interested in the DevOps of AI software systems, which aims to regulate the development and assessment process of AI-assisted solutions, support their post-deployment operation and guarantee trustworthy and sustainable AI services. Please check my publication list for more details.
I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D. students with strong programming skills and relevant research experience. The position is sponsored by full scholarships. Please send me an email with your CV if you are interested. For Monash undergraduate and master students who wish to do honours or minor thesis with me, please check the available projects and send me a copy of your transcript when expressing interest.
|Jun 23, 2022||I will serve on the Program Committee of FSE’23 research track. Welcome submissions!|
|Jun 8, 2022||I received the 2022 FIT ECR Seed Grant!|
|May 11, 2022||Our paper ICSE’22 paper “On the Importance of Building High-quality Training Datasets for Neural Code Search” received ACM SIGSOFT distinguished paper award nomination (19/197)!|
|Jan 14, 2022||Our paper “CoProtector: Protect Open-Source Code against Unauthorized Training Usage with Data Poisoning” is accepted to WWW’22!|
|Dec 3, 2021||Our paper “On the Importance of Building High-quality Training Datasets for Neural Code Search” is accepted to ICSE’22!|
|Oct 25, 2021||Our paper “CoProtector: Protect Open-Source Code against Unauthorized Training Usage with Data Poisoning” is online at arXiv!|
|Oct 8, 2021||I was invited to be a Co-Chair of the SCORE contest in ICSE’23! Register your team and win a travel to Melbourne!|
|Aug 30, 2021||I received the 2021 FIT ECR Seed Grant!|
|Feb 15, 2021||I joined the Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University as a lecturer!|
- CoProtector: Protect Open-Source Code against Unauthorized Training Usage with Data PoisoningThe ACM Web Conference 2022 (WWW) 2022
- On the Importance of Building High-quality Training Datasets for Neural Code Search44th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2022
- Decision-Guided Weighted Automata Extraction from Recurrent Neural Networks35th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence 2021
- Who is real bob? adversarial attacks on speaker recognition systems42nd IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (SP) 2021
- Towards characterizing adversarial defects of deep learning software from the lens of uncertainty42nd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2020
- Marble: Model-based robustness analysis of stateful deep learning systems35th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE) 2020
- DeepStellar: model-based quantitative analysis of stateful deep learning systems27th ACM Joint Meeting on European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE) 2019
- Devign: effective vulnerability identification by learning comprehensive program semantics via graph neural networksAdvances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS) 2019
- Leopard: Identifying vulnerable code for vulnerability assessment through program metrics41st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2019
- Trace-Length Independent Runtime Monitoring of Quantitative PoliciesIEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC) (IF 6.404) 2019